Sunday

May 5, 20111

I wake up at 3 AM and am nauseous. I have a piece of toast and some soda. I go back to sleep and wake up at 9. I am still very itchy and the rash is no better. I see the dermatologist and get an oral prescription and a cream for the itchy rash. I told her about the corn harvest but she could not give a definitive answer. The cream works in a few hours. Thank you Jesus. Nausea and fatigue continue through the next few days and into the following week. I finally had hunger pangs. By the end of the week, May 11, I am still nauseous so when I went for accupuncture, I told him I was nauseous so he relieved the nausea with needles in my wrists. Thank you God !
I call the travel insurance company and after a very unproductive conversation the woman tells me that "since I got back to the US that is all that matters and they probably will not reimburse me for the $679 flight from Dulles to Jax !!
I showed Fran my curios last night and this am he downloads my pictures and the music I recorded of the children singing. Their singing has left a permanent indentation in the portion of my heart that I left in Zambia. Quite a good trade off I would say. Their voices are so pure and with perfect harmony....It has to be God's gift, because they are untrained musicians.

Fran asks me what color I want him to repaint the front door. I just burst into tears. Through my tears I reply " I just came from a place where people do not even have doors and you are asking me what color I want ours to be". Priorities. This pretty much puts my journey to Zambia into perspective.

AMEN !


I would like to thank all the members of my team - Lori, Benita, Kate and Julie, our Overland Leaders Mariel and Bev and the members of Overland Missions in Zambia, all my friends who supported me both financially and with many prayers, and my family for being so encouraging about me going on this trip.
Most of all, I thank God for making this journey to Zambia a totally life changing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment