Sunday

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We had a choice of attending Church with Pastor Dragon's Church or staying on base and have Church with Jeff Martin. I chose to stay with Jeff. Jeff is the head Pastor on the base and an great speaker. He is very descriptive and laughs a lot due to his Glory for God. I do not remember what he said to do, but, I closed my eyes and saw clouds and blue sky and then an angel appeared just above the left shoulder of Jesus. I saw myself kneeling at the feet of Jesus and he put his hands on my shoulders and said "you will be ok". I started crying and could not stop. I told the group what happened and that now I knew what everyone was talking bout by being saved. After the service, I went to my "special place" on the third step overlooking the Zambezi river.
The one part of the river that had been a whirlpool every time I looked at it, was no longer a whirlpool, but a white line of water joining into the rapids. After reflecting and watching the river for awhile, I went back inside and Jeff asked how I was doing. I told him I felt totally drained. We talked and he told me that my story of the whirlpool was a parable. I returned to my tent with an awful headache from crying so much and fell asleep. I woke up just in time to go to Women on Fire to be held in Songwe Village and led by Candy Martin. Again it was awesome with the Songwe women hugging us and more singing. We worshipped, prayed and I laid, hands on many women praying, for them and with them. Each member of my team was asked to speak. I was last. The words that came out of my mouth amazed me ! I did not even think about what to say. It just all came out and my team members had big smiles on their faces. When I finished, Kate high fived me with joy in her eyes and tears in mine.
Back to base for dinner followed by a team meeting. I gave both Paul and Mariel an Angel pin and told them how special they were. They were both touched by what I had done.
Now Benita and I can finally journal. She and I keep discussing God and Miracles and her Church. She and her husband Howard are pastors of a Church in Philipi, West Virgina. She says her Church is a bunch of misfits having left many other Churches.
Have to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment