Saturday

Friday, April 29, 2011

I woke up so full of energy this am. We had our usual oatmeal but today it did not agree with me. I feel nauseous. Coke Zero does not help so I try my ginger chews and peppermint WOW drops. Some relief. I still have the itchiest rash I have ever had and now it has spread up to my armpits. We did some projects for the school this morning.
Lunch in nshima and cabbage sauteed the way I cook it. The nshima has no flavor wo I add a peach chutney that was great ! I layed on the outside back sofa, listened to music and fell asleep. Everyone feels wiped out today. We have tried to see the Royal Wedding without any luck. We did see Kate's gown though. Very pretty.
It is so hot today. The sweat keeps rolling off my face. Yuk !
I see dark clouds over the gorge and decide to take a shower before the thunder and lightening strike. It is getting very windy and gusty. After my shower, I go back to my tent, get inside and a gust of wind picks up the side of my tent, tilts the beds and moves the floor so their is a 6 inch ripple in the middle of the floor. OK God, you just rocked my world!! What are you trying to tell me? I just stood there looking at the tent floor. A thunderstorm rolled in so hopefully it will cool off. Mariel said it is unusually hot for this time of year. I had my laundry done and now it is getting even wetter with the rain.
I grabbed my skirt and clean undies just in time. We are going to Songwe at 4:30 for "Youth on Fire" led by Paul. He is so excited that we are coming. He is twenty and wants to be a pastor. He is great with the kids !! For some reason we nicknamed him "Hollywoood". He helped me with the clothes and went to Sitchalobe with us too. It was good to hear from Fran and Sue today. So, Benita, Julie and I went to Youth on Fire. Kate and Lori stayed at base. I ran back to our tent to get our flashlights as it will be dark before we return. OH no.....water on the floor of our tent from the rain.
It was a another amazing meeting of little children and teens singing again. At first I told Paul that I could not speak but after Julie and Benita spoke, i felt a sudden urge that I had to speak too, So, I did ! I told them how in January, I heard about the mission trip to Zambia and not being afraid to go etc. etc. Then I told them that I was not sure of what good I had been to them but that I was blessed by their beautiful voices and singing and had received far more than I had given.
JD picked us up and we slip slided our way back to base in the mud. It was like ice and we did spin out once. My sandels had about an inch of mud on the bottom and it was like glue. It is not a good night. All my clothes and towels were outside so they were all wet. I had no shorts to wear and no towel for a shower. I had mud all over my legs and feet. Water in the tent. Itchy rash. I just want to go home.
I got 2 towels from the kitchen..1 for me, 1 for the tent floor. Once I took a shower I felt much better. I used up all the memory in my camera recording the kids singing so not more pictures for me. But it was worth capturing their singing to ake home. Lori and Benita are taking some so I will get theirs. Benita and my rash are spreading and getting itchier if that is possible. Now the others are getting it too. Mariel thinks it might be from stinging nettles.
It is 8:30 PM and Benita and I are just hanging in our tent.. The rain has stopped and it is cooler, finally. I will listen to my IPOD and get sleepy. I am having animal crackers and thinking about Owen and Eva, and Shirley Temple. Tomorrow we are going to Victoria Falls and then a safari drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment