Saturday

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Breakfast was nsima porridge and fruit. Nsima is a maize staple of the Zambian diet. It tastes like cream of rice. The Zambians eat it in varied forms and for diner have it with kapunta....tiny dried fish.
We broke camp and headed back to base. We were all so anxious to be able to take showers and then a nap. So, after unloading the cars, I go to my tent for my shower supplies only to get to the showers and find out NO WATER ! NO hot water, No cold water, NO WATER PERIOD !!!! We wait and wait and keep checking, but no water. We all feel very yucky. No shower since Monday PM and it is now Thursday afternoon. Cottenelle wipes do not do the job. I slept for a few hours hearing the workers pass our tent. Still no water.
Today I feel bumbed out but I do not know why. I read my emails and only saw the pictures of Gary's finger but no explanation. It looks awful. Sue wrote that Jason got the classes at the Art Institute. Fran sent an attachment from Joe Fobert but I could not open it. I just feel like crying. They told us these feelings we normal after spending time in the bush. Withdrawl I guess.
Tomorrow we will do more preschool work for Bev. Benita and I talked and we want to go to another village and see more Zambian people. We will see what happens. We are all antsy this afternoon.
I have an ugly red, raised very itchy rash on my arms from picking the corn and brushing through the stalks.
Julie is upset because Phillip is not writing much either. Benita misses her girls. Lori is just bummed. Strange day.

No comments:

Post a Comment