Wednesday

Sunday, April 24, 2011 EASTER....IN ZAMBIA, AFRICA

We had a light but great breakfast of homemade from scratch cinammon rolls. Our team led Church with about 35 people attending. Benita's beautiful voice accompanying her talented guitar was moving and Kate gave Thanks to God with a perfect sermon. Lunch was egg salad sandwiches to hold everyone over until Easter Dinner a la Jan.
We had dinner about 4:30 and everything was cooked to perfection ! JD kept asking me when dinner was going to be ready! I set the tables to be one long banquet table. Someone covered them with chitanges for table cloths and another brought candles.
JD stood at the far end holding up his empty plate before going for seconds. Everyone said they felt so blessed by my cooking and my team members were blown away. They said they were dispensible but that I could not be replaced ! Quite the compliments, and they made me feel sooooo special. After a long and exciting day, I took a shower and listened to music again. What a great group of people at Overland. What a Blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment